Reflections on art and leadership

I use my art to reflect an artist and a senior manager in the financial services industry. I notice that the deeper I understand myself the more I succeed to impact others; in both art and work.

Thursday, January 3, 2013

Agora Gallery - my Chelsea exhibition opening pictures

The opening was a great success and many people visited. I did not really have a lot of time to make pictures during the opening, but some are included below, and 2 I received from Menzo Meijer.

Initially I sent the art works in three batches to the gallery, and some of them still needed to be framed. And then when arriving at the evening of the opening I was excited to see how the art works were hung. In a way I prefer when the gallery defines the hanging; sometimes artists are involved, and that always becomes an struggle - every artists wants the "best" location and can act quite hurt not feeling respected by the location their art works are shown.
My "corner" with 6 art works exhibited
- number 6 did not fit on the picture :) -
Three of the artworks; two outer ones framed through Agora
It proved to be efficient, affordable and good quality
It was great to see that all 6 art works were together, and directly visible from the entry in the far right corner. Also three art works had been framed by the gallery and the other elsewhere in New York. So I was curious how they would combine. Above you see a picture of 3; where the outer 2 are done by the gallery. I was happy to see the differences were minimal.
It was nice to see that even my busiest friends had found time to come by. Great surprise at the start when Catherine Kinney came by; I worked in her area some years ago and I remember sharing a passion for art. Great that she found the time, before going to a dinner, and was really nice to catch up. Many other friends a\came by that were not captured on pictures. Special reason to mention Chuck who has been supportive from the start, as well as Paul Noordam who actually helped delivering and packing the art works!
With Catherine Kinney
- picture Menzo Meijer - thanks :)

With Sam Van and Lou Pastina



With Chuck Hopkins and John Merrell

With gentleman Lou
 Below a picture with John Merrell; I had asked people to help me select the primary art work that would be used for advertising, and he was the winner that got to pick an art work. Hope you still like it John!

With John Merrell and the art work he won

At some point I noticed the lights being switched off, and I looked around to see what happened. Then they told me it was 8 PM already and the opening had finished; well, a sign that time flew by when talking to all the visitors.
In Bottino's with Menzo, Liesbeth, my Charlotte and son Astor
- no I am not strangling him, just helping keep the binky in;
this binky has a Hercule Poirot moustache attached ;) -
 And then we went to Bottino's on 10th Avenue where also my Charlotte and latest arrival Astor joined us. When Astor had cried at the start of the opening Charlotte had left after a clear 'intervention' by the gallery manager. Well, it was a bit of an anti-climax, but no time to spend much time discussing this topic as people were arriving. Something to anticipate for next opening.

I would like to thank again all the people that visited the opening, and apologise not having time to talk to everyone. I will let you know as soon as the next NYC exhibition is planned.



No comments:

Post a Comment