Reflections on art and leadership

I use my art to reflect an artist and a senior manager in the financial services industry. I notice that the deeper I understand myself the more I succeed to impact others; in both art and work.

Friday, January 4, 2013

Netherland Club of New York exhibition announcement


I have tried many things to promote my exhibition; as we had a gallery for a long time ourselves, I know that people are not just coming to watch an exhibition by receiving a mail.
Some of the specific marketing items used for my NYC exhibition:
- send personalised mailing early ahead of the opening; to allow people noting it in their agenda
- send reminder personalised mail a 2 weeks ahead
- give visitors a free smalldrawing (first 30 visitors)
- create interaction by asking my audience to pick he primary artwork for exhibition; with an art work as a prize
- handout the artwork during the opening
- use social media (twitter, facebook) to mark every promotional activity
- link invitation and marketing events to a blog with (at minimum) weekly content (having around 700 visitors now monthly)
- inviting close friends and tell them it is okay to bring their friends/contacts

One of the other things is that sometimes people help you; like in this case friend Alies sent the information of the exhibition to the Netherland Club of New York; and wow, they actually placed it on the home page. Thanks Alies!

As a consequence I had quite some visitors at the opening. And one of the other artist asked me "why is half of the gallery audience in continuously in your corner?". Which is a nice indication that all the efforts paid off.

Click here to go to the site. Exhibition running till 12 January.
My friend Alies had approached hem and nice to see they added it to the website.

No comments:

Post a Comment