Reflections on art and leadership

I use my art to reflect an artist and a senior manager in the financial services industry. I notice that the deeper I understand myself the more I succeed to impact others; in both art and work.

Friday, November 16, 2012

New Century Artists exhibition Chelsea - 20 Nov to 8 Dec


20 November starts a new exhibition at New Century Artists.
530 West 25th Street
Open: Tue-Sat 11 AM - 6 PM
I will be there on 20, 21 and 22 November, so let me know if you want to stop by, and I will make sure to be there.

Endurance
The theme of the exhibition is ENDURANCE, and indeed that is a theme that is close to the heart many artists.
"It is all about inner strength, motivation, passion, survival skills and struggling. As Artists we have to stand strongly by our believes about what keeps us going and creating despite of difficulties in life."  

A celui qui sait attendre

I read in the ArtBusinessNews magazine (Mar/Apr edition) that in average a successful artist spends around 30.000 hours of drawing and painting on his art works before breaking through...

The New Century Artist is an artist collective, running a (relatively small0 gallery in Chelsea NYC. This time the curator is Basha Maryanska; and she is also the person that contacted me to take part early this year. She had seen an article on my art works using parchment, checked out all art works on my site and approached me, specifically aiming for my digital art works and the Subconscious Power series.

The link with hurricane Sandy and Endurance is also ironic...seems the gallery was out of power until a week ago, but now has recovered and the exhibition is still made.

Red Cross Donation
Just as a note I have decided for my art works to donate 30 % to the Red Cross for victims of hurricane Sandy. Seems the right thing to do...

Art shown
In this exhibition you can see at least 2 of my art works (that will also feature in the 20 December exhibition at Agora Gallery):
A Celui Qui Sait Attendre
Je Crois Que Non
The space I will cover is 8'x8' (2,5 m x 2,5 m). If the space turns out okay we might add a third one (Le Droit De Donner Des Dispenses)

I will be going to NYC to hang the art works on Monday 19 November, but will not be able to join the opening at 1 December. And fortunately found my friend Chuck willing to pick up the paintings at the end of the exhibition at 8 December.
Je Crois Que Non
Maybe: Le Droit De Donner Des Dispenses

No comments:

Post a Comment