Reflections on art and leadership

I use my art to reflect an artist and a senior manager in the financial services industry. I notice that the deeper I understand myself the more I succeed to impact others; in both art and work.

Sunday, June 21, 2015

15 October 2015 - My Exhibition Opening at Agora Gallery

I am currently preparing my new New York exhibition with Agora Gallery.
Or I should say...I am trying to make time to prepare.

So I uploaded my new art works created this year onto their website (13 in total).
Today took time to:
- sign form and sent mail they require to confirm dates, attendance, images
- raise some questions:
     The ArtMine currently still shows older art works, not the new ones
     The invitation for my exhibition on their website does not show new images yet

Still, good to block in your agenda:

Agora Gallery
Thursday15 October, 6-8 PM
530 West 25TH Street, New York

This group exhibition runs from Friday, October 9, 2015 – Thursday, October 29, 2015

The digital magazine version you find here: ArtIsSpectrum magazine article

Text from the article

In Maurice van Tilburg's paintings, a powerful yet fluid sense of line is coupled with a color palette that plays effectively off of the contrasts between deep, rich blacks and a range of  colors running from pastels to neon hues. That sense of opposites uniting to set off sparks gives the work a distinctive mood, one that mixes dreamlike contemplation with a dynamic sense of movement and rhythm.

"Drawing has always been my passion, addiction, and a way to create my own world," the artist says, and the importance that he places on drawing can be seen easily in his images. Mixing sharply drawn figures and patterns with soft, liquid areas of color, he lets his clearly delineated subjects anchor his pictures, contributing to a strong physical presence that makes their soft-focus, abstract backgrounds all the more powerful.

Working in acrylics, oil and ink, among other media, van Tilburg also gives his works a strong textual variety, reflecting their multi-leveled nature. But as in all aspects of his paintings, those textures are contained in settings that harness their varied elements to a balanced, elegant sense of composition. While the artist calls his style "very intuitive," that intuition has a strong ability to communicate clearly and directly with the viewer.

No comments:

Post a Comment