Reflections on art and leadership

I use my art to reflect an artist and a senior manager in the financial services industry. I notice that the deeper I understand myself the more I succeed to impact others; in both art and work.

Sunday, January 25, 2015

Beauty and Pity (2)

A distant garden died above us
As an artist I look each year or so for a new concept. Before finding a new concept it takes a few tries. I start with new paintings, new materials and new themes. It is difficult to explain, but many times it doesn't feel good...it feels to far-fetched, or to superficial, or the expression does not get through.

So I end up making 1 or 2 in a new style and then abandoning.

A good new concept and style:
- are clearly linked and fit together
- allows deepening the subject
- is suited for different moods and expressions
- even stays interesting after having made 5 in the series

Happy now that the Beauty and Pity for me fits all these criteria. In addition it helps further build different techniques with oil paint, like dripping, layers, etc.

Still inspired!
Inherent

Motionless

No comments:

Post a Comment