Reflections on art and leadership

I use my art to reflect an artist and a senior manager in the financial services industry. I notice that the deeper I understand myself the more I succeed to impact others; in both art and work.

Saturday, September 29, 2012

The Winning Painting

Wow, I received many reactions on my article requesting help selecting the Main Exhibition Art Work for my upcoming exhibition in NYC.
With an overwhelming majority of votes (72%) you have chosen:
Number 5 - Palpable Sense of Anticipation and Energy


Reasons you provided varied but showed some consistency: liking the use of colours  the clear composition and lines, its transparency and also that it is very 'accessible' for the viewer.

Interesting aspect of this piece is actually that - out of all art works - the creation process was the longest struggle. It started floating in the river together with other paintings and got created, but long time I didnt know what to do with the composition. Again and again I have searched to continue - stepping into a flow - and adding layers of depth and emotions. It would indeed not at all have been the one I would have selected myself as the painting and I seem to have an ambiguous relationship.

Then while helping me you all had a chance of winning an original drawing from the Creative Spam series.
And today I wrote all names on small pieces of paper, folded them and put them in a bowl and selected one.

The winner is: John Merrell

In coming days I will send images of the 5 drawings from which John can choose.
And as I understood John will join the opening I will handover the artwork at the exhibition opening.

To those who still want to join the exhibition, just send me a mail and I will provide a nice invitation.

No comments:

Post a Comment